Skip to content
- Tell them everyone is saying KFC not GFC. It’s all about some chicken shops going out of business.
- Give them a game of monopoly, let them play for an hour, then take all the cash away and ask them how it feels to live in Iceland.
- Tell them a ‘stimulus package’ is exactly what the other kids at school say it is (Sex is easier to explain that financial systems).
- Tell them the $900 handout happened because Labor is in government and there’s no such thing as a GFC.
- Tell them the $900 handout is saved from money we didn’t give to the ABC for ten years.
- Tell them the $900 handout is to encourage people to buy chicken.
- Tell them China took away all our money. You might as well start the fear mongering when they’re young.
- Tell them that the GFC is just clever viral marketing by the Geelong Football Club to boost membership numbers.
- Tell them that ‘injection’ means ‘baster’ and ‘economy’ means ‘chook’.
- Tell them Hannah Montana is on TV. That’ll distract ‘em.
2 thoughts on “BEDA #15: Ten Ways to Explain the GFC to Young Children”
Oh no, you didn’t blog yesterday! That’s a bit awkward… Um, can I request a blog topic? People overuse the adverb “actively”, eg. I’m actively looking for a wingback armchair. Discuss.
p.s. I heart Miley Cyrus.
Oh, I know. I feel like a tired mother who has left a child behind. Although, 15 kids is a lot. No wonder she’s tired.
I will actively think about your topic before blog today (2 to make up for yesterday).
Comments are closed.